Easter is a time to rejoice, be thankful, and be assured that all is forgiven so life extends beyond the soil of the earth......Byron Pulsifer, Motivational Speaker
Today, as Easter approaches, I am thankful for many things. Among them are:
1) New Eggs - As a child, I never wanted to get rid of my eggs after Easter. No problem, except that, when I was a child, we had mostly real dyed eggs! So, needless to say, they had to go. I still love dying Easter eggs and always do, whether we hide them or not. I have so many wonderful memories of Easter Egg Hunts at my Papa and Granny's house with all my cousins. We had so much fun including a prize egg with $$$! A tip I learned from my cousin, Cara Dawne - my eggs always "paled" in comparison to hers until I learned that she used food coloring to dye her eggs and my eggs haven't been the same since!
2) New Clothes - Now, I realize that fashion is not the most important part of Easter but it sure is a great excuse to get a new dress and shoes. When I was growing up, it was hat gloves, purse, socks, dress AND shoes! Yes, that's me in the photo one beautiful Easter morning! You never left for church until the pictures were made!
3) New Season - I love the beauty of my neighborhood in full bloom with the bright sun shining down upon it. Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring time.....Martin Luther
4) New Hope - Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness......Floyd W. Tompkins, Author
5) New Life - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead......1 Peter 1:3
May you experience the joy of the resurrection and the blessing of time spent with family during this Easter season! God Bless! Oh, and hope you find the Prize Egg!