Thursday, November 8, 2012
Thankful Thursday - Thanks and Giving
Today, I am sharing with you a blog from How Does She about two components of the word "THANKSGIVING" - one calls for us to be thankful of our many blessings and one calls for us to be giving! Check out her blog and the great printable chart she has for keeping track of our "thanks" and our "giving". I can't believe the Thanksgiving Holiday is just 2 weeks away!
Today, I am thankful for:
1) My Daddy providing me with lots of tools and teaching me how to use them! Last night, Elle's antique bed had a piece come apart - the one that holds the slats! Today, I was able to put it back together using my drill. I did have to make one phone call about how to change the drill bit but, overall, I thought I did quite well. I guess I must tell the rest of the story - it came apart again so I'm taking it to an "expert" tomorrow!... still thankful for my Daddy showing me how!
2) The election being over! "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." ....... 2 Chronicles 7:14 And that's all I have to say about that!
3) ESPN - Yes, I said ESPN! I love sports, especially college football! And, for those who are wondering, I liked sports even before I met Barry. I am thankful for ESPN because my husband gets to work for ESPN on a production crew, traveling to new places, doing what he loves and getting paid to do it! I love when the announcers sometimes mention his name because of some great statistic or some great "nugget" of information that he has given them. And you thought those announcers were really smart, didn't you?
4) The fall! It is finally sweatshirt weather - my favorite article of clothing. I've been wearing them for a while and they have really lived up to their name as I have been sweating in them until now! Love the fall - pumpkins (is their anything that doesn't come in "pumpkin" now?) - Halloween - Thanksgiving - Football - Friends - Family - Turning Leaves - just everything about it!
5) Pinterest - I just love Pinterest - the ideas are fabulous but I think the best thing about it is the organization. I can't lose my recipes or my instructions or my tips or anything when I've pinned them. It just makes it so easy! Have been working on my Christmas list with some great ideas from Pinterest!
Happy Fall! Count your blessings and don't forget the giving part!