When I was a child, I remember watching a television show or movie about the "future" - it was set in 2000 and that seemed SO far away.
Now it's 2015! Unbelievable! Thankful! Exciting! New Beginnings!
Sometime last year, I ran across this article in the Tuscaloosa News and I clipped it for 2014 - as an inspiration for the new year ahead! Reading it now, I think I need to try again!
Great advice provided by Bryan Nash, minister at King Street Church of Christ in Beaufort, S.C.:
- Not only should you read from the Holy Bible daily, you should be part of a Bible study for enrichment.
- You should learn how to communicate with God, knowing what to ask for and the process by which this should be done.
- Taking time for worship - singing, praying and learning from God's word can set the pace for a well lived life.
- Spend time in quiet meditation to help set the course for the day.
- Spend time with others whose faith you share. This brings out goodness and love for each other. You should get strength and encouragement for living a good life.
- Perform acts of kindness towards others. The willingness to help in situations of need shows the beauty of love for others.
Columnist Ervena Faulkner - The Island Packet - Hilton Head, S.C.
May this be your best year ever! Blessings to all in 2015!